When should we start planning our wedding abroad?

We advise all our couples to start the process as soon as they have a date in mind. In Gibraltar we can book at any point, and can book up to 1 year in advance.

 Denmark and Sweden your ‘permission to marry’ or "Certificate of Marital Status" issued from the Familieretshuset office (which is the Danish office of Family Law) will be valid for 4 months (visa depending) from the date of approval and you will have to marry in that time.

We can start the process and get your file together before hand and then submit the application 4 months before - to give you greater chance of getting a specific date if you have one in mind, especially Copenhagen City Hall on a Saturday.

In Sweden we can pre-book the ceremonies, however they are not confirmed until we receive the approvals.