CONTACT US FOR A FREE NO OBLIGATION DOCUMENTS LIST - HERE - OF WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET MARRIED IN DENMARK FOR YOUR SITUATION.
The documents required for marrying in Denmark are very simple and not a huge volume like some countries. The exact list can only be provided once you have answered some specific questions, however please see our brief list below as a guide. In some cases the Danish Authorities will ask for further documents, however in 99.9% of cases there is no requirement for Marital Status documents, Certificates of Non Impediment or Birth certificates. Which is why getting married in Denmark is such a popular venue for Foreign, International, same sex, mixed religion couples.
And also as you can marry on a tourist VISA there are no residency permits needed.
- Valid Passports (the expiry date must allow for 3 months between the ceremony date and the expiration date).
- If you are not living in your country of citizenship, a valid residence permit.
- If you do not have visa free entrance to the Schengen Zone then a valid Schengen Visa with validity for the date of the ceremony.
- If you are divorced, the original full and final divorce decree, (legalised within in accordance to the Hague Convention)
- If you are a widow or widower, you must have an original death certificate (legalised to with accordance to the Hague Convention)
You will also need to put together a documents list which outlines how, where and when you met, and we add in dated evidence, photos, screen shots of dated messages, so that we can show longevity and contact.
All documents need to be in either English, German or Danish, if they are not then they must be translated by a certified translator.
We are expert award winning wedding planners in Denmark, and the largest wedding Agency in Copenhagen - and work closely with all Town Halls in Denmark. We have a near on 100% success rate with the Danish Agency of Family law to process your application and paperwork for a marriage in one of the Town Halls.
We are happy to provide you with a free no obligation documents list of what is required for you to get married in Denmark.
Have a look at our awesome YouTube channel for short information Vlogs on how easy it is to elope and get married abroad!
Please contact us anytime via our contacts page by clicking here by e-mail at [email protected] or call us or what’s app +4571493483
We would love to hear from you!